In addition to support from the Ace of Clubs, Glass Door caseworkers are on hand throughout the year to offer advice, advocacy and practical assistance. This advice service is open to all; you do not need to have a local connection to speak to one of the team.
Caseworkers help individuals with a range of issues, including:
- accessing accommodation
- accessing other specialist services such as drug, alcohol and mental health services.
- obtaining birth certificates and other forms of lost or stolen ID
- opening bank accounts when possible
- registering with a GP and dental services
- writing CVs and applying for jobs
- dealing with benefit issues
- accessing storage
- returning to country of origin, when appropriate
- maintaining accommodation
- applying for the EU Settlement Scheme and understanding your legal rights around your immigration status