Day Centre Support Worker (Education and Training)
We are now recruiting for a full time centre worker post. Salary £21,000 P A Deadline for applications : 5:00 pm Monday 1st October
Centre Worker – Leading on Learning and Employment Support
If you can answer yes to these three questions, then this might be the job you are looking for…
- Do you enjoy working in a busy environment, where you are providing a face to face service?
- Are you good at making a connection with people who are more used to being excluded?
- Are you motivated by taking responsibility for your work, and making it happen?
Ace of Clubs is looking for an experienced support worker to join our team, and help us run this busy service.
The responsibilities of the Centre Support Workers include :
Contributing to the day to day running of the centre – welcoming and engaging centre users, helping ensuring the centre is clean and safe, responding to incidents and emergencies in the centre
Providing one to one information, advice and guidance to individual centre users – covering a range of issues, including housing, welfare benefits and health. This often involves liaising with people from other teams from Lambeth and Wandsworth
This post leads on the development and delivery of education, training and employment support for centre users. This involves working with partner organisations to deliver internal courses, as well as the development of external opportunities for centre users.
The successful candidate for this post will :
- Have have experience of working one to one with homeless and/or vulnerable people
- As well as experience of delivering or coordinating training opportunities for adult learners.
- Be able to maintain enthusiasm for a high level of contact with clients on a day to day basis.
- And have a non-judgemental approach to working with homeless and vulnerable people.
Please follow the link below to apply through Charity Job. Deadline for applications is 5:00 pm on Monday 1st October. Interviews to be held Monday 8th October.
And view the job description here