Deputy Charity Shop Manager – Ace of Clubs
Ace of Clubs is looking for a Deputy Shop manager to join our small team running two boutique charity shops in South London.
Ace Of Clubs is a day centre for homeless and vulnerable people, providing a a warm welcome, lunch and practical support to over 80 people a day.
The two Ace shops raise funds for the work and development of Ace of Clubs. They mostly sell second hand goods from donations by people from the local community.
The Deputy Shop Manager is responsible for:
- All aspects of managing an Ace Shop when on shift.
- Providing excellent customer service which will maximise sales and profitability
- Representing Ace Shops and Ace of Clubs in a professional manner
- Supporting the Ace Shop Manager, and deputizing as required.
- Leading on specific tasks as delegated by manager
- Managing staff and volunteers
The shops are open seven days a week, including bank holidays, and the staff team are all part of a flexible rota to ensure all shifts are covered.
- Experience of running of retail outlet at shift leader or manager level is essential
- Experience of working in charity shop is desirable
The successful candidate will
- Have good communication skills, ensuring excellent customer relations , and fostering loyalty from both shoppers and donors
- They will be self managing, used to using their initiative to solve problems and improve service
- They will ensure the shop is attractive, clean and safe.
- And that items for sale are presented well
- They will be skilled at managing staff and volunteers, fostering a culture of high standards and cooperative working
For a full job description please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply :
If you think you have the relevant experience ,and have the skills and abilities we require, we would love to hear from you . Please send :
- A current CV
- A covering letter highlighting your relevant experience,
- And including examples of where you have used your initiative to implement positive change,
- And an example of where you have gone the extra mile to help a customer.
to email@example.com, by 12:00 MONDAY 12th February